Site Manager Required – to start as soon as possible.
Grade 7 (£26,664-£28,311) – negotiable for candidates with experience of Site Management.
We are looking for a conscientious, skilled person to become our Site Manager at Applegarth Academy. Ideally, you will have experience of being successful in the role of caretaker or experience of being a Site Manager, who is now ready for the challenges of a larger site. As we were originally two separate schools, our site is extensive and includes a separate family hub and enhanced learning provision.
This is a full time, permanent post for 36 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Hours of work are negotiable and do not necessarily need to be taken as a split shift, as often is the case for a Site Manager role.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the fabric and grounds of the school including the management of a small team of cleaning and caretaking staff, ensuring the security of the premises and maintaining the internal and external fabric of the premises as a safe working environment. Good interpersonal skills are essential as the role will involve liaising with other site managers across the trust as well as contractors, service level providers and members of the school team; the ability to use of email as form of communication is important,
The successful applicant will have:
- Thorough knowledge of Health and Safety requirements of a school or other public institution, including COSHE
- Excellent DIY skills, enabling day-to-day repairs and maintenance of the building to be undertaken
- Ability to organise, manage and motivate cleaning staff and to monitor the quality of work undertaken by them
- Experience of monitoring and liaising with contractors and suppliers
- Ability to perform the physical tasks required by the post including lifting, carrying and pushing various equipment to undertake the duties of the post
If you are interested in this post, please contact the Office to request an application pack:
01689 841528 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 12 Noon Friday 28th November 2014
Interviews: Wednesday 3rd December
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check. The STEP Academy Trust is an equal opportunities employer.